Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Power of God's Word--Changed Lives

I am here to say the word of God has no power unless it is couched in life, fleshed out in living. Of what value to me is His word unless it creates change in my life or someone else's. Is it not a catalyst that creates a difference in that which it touches while itself remains the same? And unless it takes me to more change, or reality and sobriety, why should I count it of worth? Or why should anyone else consider its claims by my lips if he doesn’t see its power in my life--a life different than theirs? It is almost only as it is lived out by its proclaimers that it finds power in the life of the one to whom it is proclaimed. I say almost because the Word has power in itself without any external witness unto it. Unfortunately, it is often only the characters within its pages that are the real testimony of its power to others--the prophets, apostles, specified individuals and, of course, the Lord Himself. This is because so few of us who profess Christ really live in Him, through Him and as Him. Though not exactly God’s plan, the power of their testimony is sufficient to lead others to faith in Christ and eternal life. Even so, let us not allow the pages of Scripture to be the only life testimony to others. We must be so ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment